Canine Fun Sports Training Rules
Please read this page before attending Canine Fun Sports events
Even when our aim is to have fun we must follow some simple rules. This is so that we can run Canine Fun Sports with maximum enjoyment for everyone.
- HAVE LOTS OF FUN
- KEEP YOUR DOG SAFE including guarding against short term and long term injury.
- We expect all dogs to have current vaccination status for distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus, bordetella and parainfluenza virus (aka C5 vaccination)
- No-one is to use equipment unless under supevision or direction of a Canine Fun Sports coach.
- Participants must follow any instructions given by a coach.
- You are advised to give your dog and yourself a thorough warm-up before the start of classes. A warm up is necessary to reduce injuries and soreness (humans and canines!)
- Training starts and finishes promptly at the scheduled times.
- Dogs are to be under control at all times. This is both during training, and anywhere on the grounds that we use.
- Barking and noise must be kept to a minimum, especially at our Canine fun Sports Centre at Castlereagh. WE HAVE NEIGHBOURS and we want to keep them happy!
- No check chains or collars that may cause injury.
- Handlers must praise and reward their dogs frequently.
- If any dog urinates on equipment the handler is required to thoroughly rinse off the urine with the bucket of water provided.
- Owners are required to clean up after their dogs if they defaecate anywhere in the training or warm up grounds. Pooper scoopers and poo bins are strategically placed. Plastic bags can also be used to hygienically pick up faeces. All “deposits” can be placed in the bins provided.
- No rubbish will be left behind. Rubbish will be placed in the appropriate bins (in some locations there are also recycle bins)
- Bitches on heat are not allowed in the training grounds or warm up areas, unless permission has been granted by one of the Canine Fun Sports coaches.
- The directors of Canine Fun Sports reserve the right to allow or refuse participation by any dog or handler. Reasons for refusal do not need to be explained but would include inaapropriate behaviour by dog or handler (e.g. intoxication of handler or aggression by canine . . . or human) or because of veterinary advice.
To be read and agreed to before participation in Canine Fun Sports
I understand that attendance and participation of my dogs(s) in a workout or competition event is not without risk to myself, to my dog(s), members of my family or guests who may attend.
I attest that I have read this statement and hereby waive any and all claims, suits, costs and demands and release Canine Fun Sports, its owners, its Dog Coaches, its Volunteers, Hosts, Ku-Ring-Gai Municipal Council, any and all Municipal Councils or Authority’s or Place of Businesses where Canine Fun Sports workouts, events, functions or competitions are held, Sponsors or Agents from any and all liability of any nature, for injury or damage which I or my dog(s) may suffer, including specifically but not without limitation, any injury or damage resulting from the action of my dog(s), and I expressly assume the risk of any such damage or injury while attending any Canine Fun Sports training workout, competition or other functions or while on the grounds or the surrounding area thereto as a result of any action by any dog, including my own.
I further attest that I will abide by and obey all Canine Fun Sports rules and conditions. Failure to do so may arise in my dismissal and or barring from entry into future workouts, events or competitions. Lastly, I declare that I am physically well and fit and that my dog is physically well and fit and take full responsibility to monitor both wellness and fitness and have made the sole judgment to voluntarily participate in any or all said workouts, events, functions and competitions.